Denver HSPs
Please log in or register.
Denver HSPs
Please log in or register.
Denver HSPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Denver HSPs

A human creature born abnormally, inhumanely sensitive.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your most sensitive sense?

Go down 

Which of your senses seem to be the Most sensitive? In other words, what category has the most affect on you?
Sound
What is your most sensitive sense? Bg_paper_right25%What is your most sensitive sense? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Visual
What is your most sensitive sense? Bg_paper_right0%What is your most sensitive sense? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Touch
What is your most sensitive sense? Bg_paper_right25%What is your most sensitive sense? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Intuition/Empathy
 25% [ 1 ]
Taste
What is your most sensitive sense? Bg_paper_right0%What is your most sensitive sense? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Smell
 25% [ 1 ]
All of the above bombard me equally
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Jae Baeli
Admin
Jae Baeli

What is your most sensitive sense? Empty
PostSubject: What is your most sensitive sense?   What is your most sensitive sense? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 5:31 pm

Please elaborate if needed.
Back to top Go down
http://jaebaeli.com
Jae Baeli
Admin
Jae Baeli

What is your most sensitive sense? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your most sensitive sense?   What is your most sensitive sense? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 5:34 pm

For now, i will past the comments from the Facebook page. You all can copy yours and post them under your name here.

=================
Jae Baeli LOL. first time i used one of these polls. I like that you can add things. That's great. Especially since i wanted to mark the empathic thing TOO.
November 8 at 2:22pm · Like

Tanya Penny Gotcher I tried to pick one but I just couldn't really. I suppose if I have to really choose, I'd go with feeling first,followed in order by seeing, smelling, tasting, touching, and hearing. Which brings to mind another of my own personal idiosyncracies - touching. I like to touch things/others, give hugs to people who obviously need one, etc., but I don't often really like to be touched. I think I'm borderline autistic sometimes.
November 8 at 2:29pm · Like

Tanya Penny Gotcher I think its hard to choose but each of them go to the top of my list at different times under varying circumstances. Sometimes, sound makes me nuts where at other times I'm completely oblivious to the same sound in a different circumstance.
November 8 at 2:38pm · Like · 1

Tanya Penny Gotcher I definitely startle very easily,especially when I am touched and not really expecting it, which always makes me very angry for just a split second. I can also startle like this when someone speaks to me sometimes as well. Are you sure I am not just truly a freak like everyone thinks I am? LOL
November 8 at 2:40pm · Like

Jae Baeli Very interesting....perhaps I was thinking about the things that aggravated me most when i posted the poll, and it does seem that sounds are my biggest nemesis...barking dogs, loud party-frat-boy-neighbors, honking horns, loud motorcycles going by, screaming kids, alarm clocks, doorbells and knocks at the door, fingernails on chalkboards, screechy or too-gruff voices...conversely, there are other sounds I enjoy or am attracted to: the click of a Zippo lighter opening and closing, the clicking of a ratchet, rain and thunder, a cello, a guitar, a crackling fire int he fireplace, a certain Windows bootup sound, certain pleasure-noises (ahem), certain singing voices (like Jonatha Brooke, Shawn Colvin, Kristen Hall and Chris Izaak). I have these little miniature handcuffs on my key chain and I'm always clicking it through and releasing, because i like that sound.

I'm HUGE on tactile things too...i won't wear clothes that aren't soft; i love teasels (that tickling soft touch)--it gives me skingasms. My skin is ULTRA sensitive; love giving and receiving full body massages, I always hug people, I like shaking hands and holding hands, I touch things in stores if it attracts me...especially things made of wood or clay; I love the sensation of sculpting and pottery....

And the empathic thing--that's a big one too. I'm doing better with that, but part of being overwhelmed in a public place is i feel every emotion in the room, it seems. It can be the same when having a discussion or argument, too, if there's big emotion involved. It's like i don't know where my feelings stop and theirs begins, and then I'm carrying around something that isn't even mine. Took a while for me to figure that one out. "Why am I feeling so sad? what's wrong with me? Nothing bad has happened..." It's because i was feeling the emotions of someone else. And yes, i cry at commercials and shows and pictures of sad animals..can't watch those Humane society or other animal commercials where they show pictures of abused or neglected animals...it rips my heart out.
November 8 at 2:44pm · Like · 1

Jae Baeli NO you are not "just a freak"-although, i guess it depends on if you see the word "Freak" as a pejorative term. I used to call people freaks and then say "but that's okay, because i love freaks. I am one, too." I can startle easily too, but have gotten a little better about that over the years. Ask KellyR about HER startle response and how many times I've come into her house and scared her to death, even though i called out and knocked and everything...lol

November 8 at 2:46pm · Like
Tanya Penny Gotcher Yeah, taking on the emotions of others is a big problem for me too. And I cannot stand uncomfortable clothes of any kind. Very picky about how they feel just like you. I love touching things that I find beautiful like shells or rocks, whatever I see, and I like comforting others and showing them affection, it's just that I like it better if I am the one who initiates it.
November 8 at 2:53pm · Like

Candace Walker It's hard to pick just one. I guess feeling would be first probably. I think that has bombarded me the easiest. As you both mentioned in a social or energy context, taking on others emotions is something I've had to come to understand. Sounds, smells, sight are definitely impactful too though.
November 8 at 11:25pm · Like · 1

Tanya Penny Gotcher Yeah, I think that these all change in order depending on where I am and what I am doing at the time.

Wednesday at 1:49pm · Like
Jae Baeli Probably so. It might depend on our situations. I do notice the sound thing coming up for me more often than anything else, but maybe because it's ambient sounds that I can't control...I can surround myself with things i like, visually, and i can wear soft clothes and sleep on foam, and pick the food I want, burn candles and use my favorite air fresheners...but sound--that's usually coming from someone else.
Back to top Go down
http://jaebaeli.com

What is your most sensitive sense?
Page 1 of 1