Denver HSPs
Please log in or register.
Denver HSPs
Please log in or register.
Denver HSPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Denver HSPs

A human creature born abnormally, inhumanely sensitive.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Head for your Nearest Sensory Isolation Flotation Tank

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jae Baeli
Admin
Jae Baeli

Head for your Nearest Sensory Isolation Flotation Tank Empty
PostSubject: Head for your Nearest Sensory Isolation Flotation Tank   Head for your Nearest Sensory Isolation Flotation Tank EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:07 pm

November 2010: Comfort Zone ONLINE
Research Report:

This study was done by Annette Kjellgren, Andreas Lindahl, and Torsten Norlander, three researchers in the psychology department at Karlstad University in Sweden. In the process of exploring the effect of sensory isolation flotation tanks, they looked at whether being highly sensitive made any difference in people's experiences. They had 48 subjects; each spent 45 minutes in the tank. Before and after their flotation period they filled out various tests, including the HSP Scale.

For the analysis of the data, the 48 were divided into those who scored high and those who scored low on sensitivity and then the two groups were compared. The high sensitivity group experienced significantly more mystical experiences and higher degrees of altered states of consciousness than the group of subjects low in sensitivity.

Other analysis found that the HSPs showed more stress and arousal when they arrived, but did not differ from the non-HSPs in depression or optimism. Both groups experienced the same amount of stress reduction and comfort, but the HSPs were more likely to have these additional mystical and altered-state experiences.

This research was reported in Individual Differences Research, Vol. 7 (4), December 2009, pp. 212-221.
Back to top Go down
http://jaebaeli.com
Jae Baeli
Admin
Jae Baeli

Head for your Nearest Sensory Isolation Flotation Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head for your Nearest Sensory Isolation Flotation Tank   Head for your Nearest Sensory Isolation Flotation Tank EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Just FYI--- on my Important Things to Do for Myself, I've included "Join Planet Beach." It's a great modern spa that has sensory deprivation tanks, as well as machines that give you a water massage, spray tans, and a bunch of other great things to relax and calm you. I'll post more about it later.
Back to top Go down
http://jaebaeli.com

Head for your Nearest Sensory Isolation Flotation Tank
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Denver HSPs :: Orientation & Information :: Research-
Jump to: