Denver HSPs
Please log in or register.
Denver HSPs
Please log in or register.
Denver HSPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Denver HSPs

A human creature born abnormally, inhumanely sensitive.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Social Anxiety Ploys

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jae Baeli
Admin
Jae Baeli

Social Anxiety Ploys Empty
PostSubject: Social Anxiety Ploys   Social Anxiety Ploys EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Many HSPs have social anxiety. I used to suffer from it myself, and at times, it can still be a problem. I developed a coping skill for this that has served me quite well, and will share it with you.

Social Anxiety Ploys 3279389916 Since social anxiety is as much about insecurity sometimes as it is about the sensory input, I tackled it at it's core. During those times when i felt particularly insecure i social situation, i played a little mind-game with myself. I pretended I was a well-known and very popular author, and everyone in that room I was in (socially) was there because i was there. They all liked and even adored me. Now, since i don't have a huge ego, this served to make me feel comfortable, rather than full of myself. It also helped alleviate the nerves.

Social Anxiety Ploys 2587711593 Another tactic I have used to great reward, was to pretend i was on camera--as if it was a reality show and millions of people were watching me. Now, some of you might find this overwhelming, so if it has that affect, of course, don't use it. But for me, it had the effect of making me mindful of what i said and how i behaved, and of course, we all want to make the best impression, so this is motivating in that way to create a persona of calm and confidence, and keep things like anger and frustration at bay.

Hope that helps some of you.
Back to top Go down
http://jaebaeli.com

Social Anxiety Ploys
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Denver HSPs :: Self-Management :: Coping Skills-
Jump to: