Denver HSPs
Please log in or register.
Denver HSPs
Please log in or register.
Denver HSPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Denver HSPs

A human creature born abnormally, inhumanely sensitive.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Also Known as DNA

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jae Baeli
Admin
Jae Baeli

Also Known as DNA Empty
PostSubject: Also Known as DNA   Also Known as DNA EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:34 am

Newly ensconced in the house on Manor Lane, Jobeth and Phoebe are enjoying the city of Lakewood, Colorado and Jobeth's newly licensed AKA Investigations.

After a fresh start in the Denver Metro region, life seems idyllic and full of promise. The dream is soon shattered by ghosts from the past, appearing to tear the fabric of love and trust.

With the company of their friend, Detective Ginger Grant, a crecendoing battle of survival will test their courage, as they discover the darker permutations of DNA.
~LightSwitcher Books

"After reading Armchair Detective, the first in the AKA Investigations series, I didn't think Baeli could top herself. But damned if she didn't write another outstanding book! She is definitely no one-hit-wonder. Kelli Jae Baeli is able to engage a reader in a way that most writers can only dream of. Compelling, sometimes hysterically funny, snappy dialogue, 3 dimensional characters you fall in love with, and a plot that pulls you along as if you are tethered to an unforgiving rope. You are cheating yourself if you don't read Also Known as DNA!"
~Connie R. Ramsey
Hobbs, TX

"Baeli is at the top of her game" (Also Known as DNA review)
5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting and Satisfying - A great Read!, August 1, 2011
By Kate Genet "Kate Genet" (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: Also Known As DNA (Book 2 in the AKA Investigations Series)

I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in this series so when I sat down to read this one I was sure I was in for a treat. And I was right.

This book features the two main characters from the first book, this time ensconced in a different city and getting on with the job of being happy and working as Private Investigators. This time however, two more, very interesting and appealing characters are added to the mix and the narrative swaps easily between each viewpoint, adding depth and interest.

Then, in true AKA Investigations style, events conspire to spiral out of control, testing the fortitude, depth of feeling and sheer courage of each of the characters. Nail-biting action and heart-stopping tension take the reader on a roller-coaster ride through the pages, piling one catastrophe on top of another and testing the characters to the limit. I wasn't sure they'd all make it out alive in this one, but it sure had me turning the pages to find out. Baeli is at the top of her game here, delivering a book at once touching and full of odd, often humorous bits of wisdom and a storyline of exciting misadventure and action.

There's something about the main character's voice that delights me every time - self-depreciating humour and phrasing that reminds me of all the best pulp PI fiction but is at the same time refreshing and entertaining in this unashamedly lesbian adventure story. You really should read it!
Back to top Go down
http://jaebaeli.com

Also Known as DNA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Denver HSPs :: Creative Works :: Writing-
Jump to: